Beiträge von LC74I

5-10 minutes may be not enough for the process to finish. Give it more time, at least 15-20 minutes.

You may also try to delete personal data before trying again the USB3 upgrade.

Trotz abschließenden USB 1 nochmal weiterhin die alte ID bei MyToyota. Und die ID im Fahrzeug ist jetzt +2

Try this way:

1. First delete the car profile from MyToyota web portal (or from MyT mobile app);
    2. Logout and close both MyToyota web portal and MyT mobile app;
    3. Go online with the Toyota Touch MM 19 (ignore errors, if any);
    4. Open MyT mobile app and wait for a message asking to add the new device and a new car;
    5. If no such a message pops up spontaneously, just add a 'new car' and associate the new MM19 device ID.

I can only suggest you to re-run USB3 step but using an high-quality USB 3.0 pendrive. Sometimes low quality pendrives (such as Sandisk Cruzer USB 2.0) cause upgrade process to hang, while using high-quality pendrives (such as Sandisk Extreme 3.0) makes the upgrade process faster and hassle-free. This comes from my direct experience.

Nope, the last digits of device ID and device name string shows that the upgrade failed.

also think that this is the "right" way; plugging in USB 1 again can also go wrong .. or I'm not sure whether it will still work ... before it shoots me something I prefer to leave it that way ... everything worked and the name "ToyotaTouch2Plus" is also true ...

Updates he ate everything after that ...

... especially since I just noticed that I have already formatted USB 1 again : saint:: D

Based on what I can read around, your case is a very fortunate one. You did something in the right order that made a clean outcome possible. But the vast majority of us ended with error messages so... I agree with you: don't touch it if it already works. But if it doesn't work, step 4. (USB1 again) is the cure.

so siehts bei mir aus: die ID hat sich um eine Nummer am Ende erhöht und stimmt mit dem Gerät und im Portal überein... alle Updates liefen durch und auch der Map OTA-Update Service funktioniert... wird schon passen :D

Auch die "Online-Subscriptions" wurden ordnungsgemäß aktiviert...

In my case, device ID went from *11 to *12, and then from *12 to *13 with the 4th step.

Now I have a "HARMANMM19RETROTOY" as device name, while before the 4th step it was just blank.

I think Stick 1 restores the settings or you can do it manually like me ...

May be, or maybe not. Consider that MyT app instructed me to 'create a new car' in order to register the new device " HARMANMM19RETROTOY " created with the fourth step (inserting USB1 after USB3), so I was forced in any case to delete the old car profile and create a new one. Moreover, while the manual process proved to be a 'hit or miss' affair, that fourth step worked like a charm at the first attempt.

By completing the upgrade process with that fourth step, you end with having a new device called " HARMANMM19RETROTOY" and a further modified device ID number.

L.

Luigi,

can you see a backup or something new on USB1 stick or does the stick looks like at the beginning?

Thanks

Hello Franky,

I took the hashset of the USB1 pendrive's content before and after the upgrade, and I can confirm that no files are written to the pendrive itself.

I assume that when the script "intervention_script.sh" is run the first time, it saves data internally to the device; and when it is run the second time, it completes the process restoring what needs to be restored.

Cheers,

Luigi

volley ;)

What did you first? You must perform the update an then you have to delete the car in your account and now do all the other steps on your "new MM19 System" ....

perhaps Stick 1 after Stick 3 helps ... i read this in another forum ... good luck :)

OK, that was not clear, before, but ...

... the upgrade process is comprised of 4 (FOUR) steps, and not just three:

1. USB1
    2. USB2
    3. USB3
    4. USB1

The step number 4. is not trivial and should not overlooked. It closes the process and create a new device called "HARMANMM19RETROTOY".

It requires you to delete the car profile from your account in MyToyota portal in order to add the new multimedia device.

I strictly advise all my fellow Corolla owners to perform the step number 4. even if everything seems working.

Cheers,

Luigi

volley ;)

What did you first? You must perform the update an then you have to delete the car in your account and now do all the other steps on your "new MM19 System" ....

perhaps Stick 1 after Stick 3 helps ... i read this in another forum ... good luck :)

Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, I first performed all of the updates, and only when I noticed the error messages ("Server not available", "Error 4122", etc.) I deleted the car profile and tried to re-register everything.

As noted, I think I followed your same steps, but clearly I missed something... Maybe I did the same steps but in the wrong order, I don't know...